- Adult acne appears as white or red bumps that are painful to touch.
Adult acne whiteheads are formed due to trapped oil and debris within the acne prone hair follicles of the skin.
- If adult acne whiteheads are formed in the deeper layers, a soft mass called cystic acne appears.
- Acne blackheads are open and dark in color. This is due to melanin pigment and dirt that discolors the acne blackhead.
- The plugged wall of the acne prone follicle ruptures on to the skin surface, and can get infected by acne bacteria and form adult acne.
- Small red acne bumps are called whitehead. Larger red bumps are called nodules or pustules (with acne pus).
- An acne pustule is a whitish yellow squeezable spot due to the accumulation of pus or acne inflammation inside. After the lesions heal, they leave behind scars that form permanent acne scars on the skin. An advanced acne skin care product is certainly needed for an acne solution.
Comments are closed.
RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URL